Sunday, July 4, 2010

Burnt Brown

On a bender of thought stumbling sidelong this evening

with tipsy discharges of imaginary sweetness

licking my illusions clean,

flashing back into blackened white still frames hung on breeze blown clotheslines

when we were neighborhood children at play.

One last nightcap of wondrous mind fucks gone walking

as I drink in this drunk of resplendent endorphins

braced for moonlight's burnt brown masquerade.

One last whisper of weakness that is my calling, my vocation

as I breathe in this bracing narcotic reaction

of life's burnt brown belief smoking cold.

This weekend, snakes melt into childhood driveway cement as I perspire into my past,

until fountains of fire and pinwheels of blinding luminescence fill my eyes swimming ...

... of joyful dancing, sparklers in hand;

trailing streams of light like a flaming bubble wand across our front lawn floating.

... of celebrating my independence from life's suffocation

at least until the morning as the holiday fades,

when evergreen hopes in the moment are revealed as everyday burnt brown once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment