Saturday, November 6, 2010

Watercolor Oil

She reveals herself in water color

dripping off the faucet -

As for me, I look away

bent shaking broken naked.

She's brushing rushing sidelong

through the throng bug eyed nightly -

As for me, I find my gaze

drawn downward weakly, softly sadly.

She lives serenely in the moment;

there is no time for her but now -

As for me, I see 'now' rarely;

revisionist schisms consuming all my doldrums.

She dines at fashionable notable eateries -

I lick clean the floorboards of dive bars and state stores -

She's snow light dancing madly aching,

drunk with wit at Prince and Thompson -

As for me, I sit in silence

afraid of going comically melding mad into television.

Or, in the end, is it television off its rails

melding headlong into me?

No comments:

Post a Comment